I posted a link to this poll, “Should the motto “In God We Trust” be removed from U.S. currency?” and got a lot of good feedback on Facebook. As often happens, it lit a fire under me which cause many words to swell up inside me and thus the need for me to regurgitate them here.
Those boys and girls in Washington keep trying to mess around with the economy, thinking they know how to “force” the economy into doing their bidding. I am tired of hearing of bailouts and stimulus packages.
A friend of mine had an idea and acted on it, to start a grassroots campaign to show Washington how the economy is supposed to work and give it a boost from the people who ARE the economy. WE are the economy.
Tired of waiting for Washington to patch up the economic mess we’re in? I am too. Everywhere I turn, I see or hear about Washington’s plans to ’save’ businesses, industries, communities, and the economy in general.
The only real economic stimulus is that which the citizens of this nation provide when they let go of fear and live abundantly.
I encourage everyone to “join the Green 317 movement” and together we can send a message to Washington and show them what a real economic stimulus is.
Here are some more helpful links. Podcast episodes that will help you change the way you think about money in a more positive and productive way:
I just got a letter from one of my Congressmen telling me that he is in favor of a certain version of the “stimulus package” that leans toward lower taxes instead of increase debt through the dispersal of inflated monies. Here is my response to him.
My wonderful wife and I just watched “FireProof”. It was an excellent movie.
This movie is from the same people that brought us, “Facing the Giants“, another excellent movie.
I highly recommend watching these movies to anyone and everyone.
Watch them and then tell me what you think of them.
This is a topic I have been wanting to write about for a while now, but my research on it has been incomplete. I continue to gather data but I am realizing that my complete research on this will probably not be done for many more years. Therefore, I am releasing my findings to date because I think this is an important and fascinating concept.
It is my observation that parents do not raise kids. It is in fact the opposite. Kids raise parents. Why else do you think that kids do not come with instructions?
Continue reading Parents Do Not Raise Kids
I watched the movie, “City of Ember”, last night. It was very interesting. It was entertaining and engaging. I can’t say it is an amazing movie that I plan on owning, but at the same time, I did enjoy it. When I watch movies I tend to get sucked into them, mentally. Then when I am done watching a movie coming back to reality puts me in a stated of contemplativeness, where I analyze my own life in comparison to the movie. Sometimes I can even glean some valuable wisdom from my post-movie ruminations.
Here is what I learned from watching “The City of Ember”.
- You can’t always trust your leaders to do what is best for you.
- If you have a dream in your heart, follow your passion and what you know and feel is right. Every one of us can make a positive difference in the world if we just have the courage and tenacity to follow our dreams.
- If you do not like the system you are in you have three choices: 1) Ignore it, 2) Complain about it, 3) Fix it.
- Just because a “grown up” (someone who supposedly knows better than you) tells you “how things are”, that does not mean that is how they really are or how or that they should stay that way.
- We all crave light, we are children of light.
- Trust those who love you, but do not believe every thing they say without thinking it through first yourself. Most times those who love you have your best interests in mind but they can also often be blinded by that same love and perhaps even smother you with it.
What did you like or learn about from the City of Ember?