One word review: AMAZING!!!!
Category Archives: Reviews
FireProof Your Marriage
My wonderful wife and I just watched “FireProof”. It was an excellent movie.
This movie is from the same people that brought us, “Facing the Giants“, another excellent movie.
I highly recommend watching these movies to anyone and everyone.
Watch them and then tell me what you think of them.
What I learned from the City of Ember
I watched the movie, “City of Ember”, last night. It was very interesting. It was entertaining and engaging. I can’t say it is an amazing movie that I plan on owning, but at the same time, I did enjoy it. When I watch movies I tend to get sucked into them, mentally. Then when I am done watching a movie coming back to reality puts me in a stated of contemplativeness, where I analyze my own life in comparison to the movie. Sometimes I can even glean some valuable wisdom from my post-movie ruminations.
Here is what I learned from watching “The City of Ember”.
- You can’t always trust your leaders to do what is best for you.
- If you have a dream in your heart, follow your passion and what you know and feel is right. Every one of us can make a positive difference in the world if we just have the courage and tenacity to follow our dreams.
- If you do not like the system you are in you have three choices: 1) Ignore it, 2) Complain about it, 3) Fix it.
- Just because a “grown up” (someone who supposedly knows better than you) tells you “how things are”, that does not mean that is how they really are or how or that they should stay that way.
- We all crave light, we are children of light.
- Trust those who love you, but do not believe every thing they say without thinking it through first yourself. Most times those who love you have your best interests in mind but they can also often be blinded by that same love and perhaps even smother you with it.
What did you like or learn about from the City of Ember?
Killing Sacred Cows
I just started reading this book and already I have found it to be amazing. I am only in chapter two, but if that is all I read of the book it would still be amazing and worth the price. I would suggest this book to everyone. It will change your thoughts about money, wealth, abundance, and prosperity is a very positive way.
The book is “Killing Sacred Cows” by Garrett Gunderson.
You can learn more about it on the Live on Purpose Radio podcasts:
Thanks to Dr. Paul, Leslie Householder and Garrett Gunderson for introducing it to me.
We are Giving Away our Power
We are putting ourselves into bondage by giving our government our power.
I just listened to this Live on Purpose podcast called, Self Family Government, In That Order. It was excellent. It is a bit of history and explanation about elections and how we need to be very careful and selective about what and who we vote for.
I really liked the analogy that Ruel Haymond gave about the distribution of our power. In his analogy he describes a pyramid. The base of the pyramid should be the amount of power that we have. The next level up could be the amount of power that we give to our family. The next level could be the amount of power we give to the city, the next to the state, and lastly to the federal government. In other words, we should be retaining most of our power and giving the federal government a very little portion of it.
Ruel also said that we should be jealous of our government, when it comes to power. This is because the more power we give it the less we have. Not only that, but the government never gives power back. It just takes and takes. Until it has all power and we have none. When this happens, we have only ourselves to blame.
When the government has all the power, the only thing we can do to get it back is use force. This is usually called civil war.
I encourage everyone to take the time to listen to this podcast, especially before election day. I would love to hear your feedback on it.
Flour Girls & Dough Boys
I just had lunch at “FFlour Girls & Dough Boys“. A little Cafe in American Fork, Utah. Wow! They have really good food. I highly recommend them.
They make all their own breads and pastries as well. RAIN had them bring in some treats yesterday and they were heavenly.
I had the Chicken Avocado sandwich with the Greek salad. Very tasty. Similar to Zupa’s.
Oh, and they also let us try their Tuscan Soup. It was very tasty also.