I watched the movie, “City of Ember”, last night. It was very interesting. It was entertaining and engaging. I can’t say it is an amazing movie that I plan on owning, but at the same time, I did enjoy it. When I watch movies I tend to get sucked into them, mentally. Then when I am done watching a movie coming back to reality puts me in a stated of contemplativeness, where I analyze my own life in comparison to the movie. Sometimes I can even glean some valuable wisdom from my post-movie ruminations.
Here is what I learned from watching “The City of Ember”.
- You can’t always trust your leaders to do what is best for you.
- If you have a dream in your heart, follow your passion and what you know and feel is right. Every one of us can make a positive difference in the world if we just have the courage and tenacity to follow our dreams.
- If you do not like the system you are in you have three choices: 1) Ignore it, 2) Complain about it, 3) Fix it.
- Just because a “grown up” (someone who supposedly knows better than you) tells you “how things are”, that does not mean that is how they really are or how or that they should stay that way.
- We all crave light, we are children of light.
- Trust those who love you, but do not believe every thing they say without thinking it through first yourself. Most times those who love you have your best interests in mind but they can also often be blinded by that same love and perhaps even smother you with it.
What did you like or learn about from the City of Ember?